Completing your For-Credit Internship
Completing Your For-Credit Internship
Once your for-credit internship has been approved and TC 493 is on your schedule, you must:
- Complete the required number of work hours for the number of credits you signed up for
- At the end of the semester, your internship supervisor will be contacted and asked to fill out a form that verifies you completed the required time commitment, recommend if you should pass or fail based on your performance, and other comments.
Internship credits are graded as pass/fail.
- You must complete the required number of work hours for the number of credits you signed up for.
- Your supervisor must fill out and turn in the internship evaluation form. We will contact your supervisor, but in some cases, we may need you to help remind them. You must notify us if your supervisor changes throughout your internship. You are responsible for keeping us up-to-date on the current contact at your internship.
You may fail if:
- You did not complete the required number of work hours.
- Your Internship Employer terminates your internship before it is over.
- You receive negative feedback from your supervisor. Remember: You are not only building your own reputation, but representing the department and university. You should be professional and take your responsibilities seriously.
- We are not able to get an evaluation from your employer.