Scholarship Fund Type: Expendable
Scholarship Fund Established: Spring 2010
Scholarship Fund Description:
The scholarship recognizes the influence of Michigan State University and the College of Communication Arts and Sciences on Robert Kobel's post-college life and work. The award also honors Robert's wife, Joanne, and sister, Susan - an MSU graduate - for their support and encouragement.
The award is intended to encourage students who have demonstrated the capacity to achieve educational and professional goals, the motivation to achieve these goals and the initiative to seek opportunities to further their progress.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Worthy and capable student at Michigan State University in the College of Communication Arts and Sciences' Department of Telecommunication, Information Studies and Media
- Full time students within the department or have indicated a preference for a major within the department.
- Students considering a career in electronic media including broadcasting, cable, or telecommunication.
- Students who have been previously awarded the Robert J. & Joanne P. Kobel and Susan Meurer Expendable Scholarship are eligible to apply again, but must be able to show steady progress in achieving educational and professional goals in the area of Telecommunication, Information Studies and Media.
Additional Funding Notes:
- A student may be awarded the scholarship multiple years.
- Minimum award amount: $1000