Scholarship Fund Type: Expendable
Scholarship Fund Established: Spring 2010
Scholarship Fund Description:
This scholarship is funded by the MSU Telecasters Alumni Group to encourage students who have demonstrated the capacity to achieve educational and professional goals, the motivation to achieve these goals and the initiative to seek opportunities to further their progress.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Worthy and capable student at Michigan State University
- Must be an active member of the MSU Telecasters TV production student organization for two semesters by the time the scholarship is conferred with the expectation of continued participation in the group.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Applicants must submit an essay and/or video essay describing their experience with the MSU Telecasters and how the scholarship will aid them in pursuit of a career in Mass Media or Communications.
Additional Funding Notes:
- The Department of TISM with the support of the MSU Telecasters Alumni Group is responsible for publicizing the existence of this award program, nomination procedures and the deadlines.
- Funds are to be utilized by students in the MSU Telecasters TV production organization to fund scholarships, the purchase of equipment, or student experiences / support of activities to be utilized by students in MSU Telecasters.
- Minimum award amount: $500
Additional Judging Criteria:
- The faculty advisor of MSU Telecasters shall review all applications and have an equal vote and voice on the Department of TISM