Our faculty and students make a global impact, and you can help them make a difference. A gift of money directly impacts the students and faculty in our department by allowing us to continue providing excellence in education, recruiting and retaining gifted faculty and students, and conducting leading research.
You can make a difference by giving to our department in any amount and monetary gifts are tax-deductible.
Below are some of our existing funding initiatives. If you have an idea not listed below, we'd be happy to discuss it with you.
Support the Greatest Area of Need
A gift to our Department of Telecommunication, Information Studies and Media Fund will be designated towards our areas of greatest need at the time - from student scholarships to helping bringing in new talent to funding innovative research. Your gift will have a direct and immediate effect.
Support Student Scholarships
Scholarship funds give opportunities to students in need, help recruit future Spartans, and honor our most outstanding students.
A gift to our Telecommunication, Information Studies and Media Summer Camp Fund provides scholarships to middle school and high school students to attend one of our summer Media Camps. Attending camp for many working families is a luxury, unfortunately, that not all students can afford. Camp gives students an introduction to MSU and being a future Spartan. It exposes them to one of our technology and media focused camps in Video Game Design, Television Production, Digital Cinema, or Music Recording. For many campers, it's the opportunity to find and fall in love with a technology field, plus gain valuable hands-on experience at the same time.
We have several scholarship funds for incoming freshman, undergraduate students, and graduate students. Scholarship contributions promote excellence among students throughout TISM. They give many of our best students a chance to further their education in ways that would not be possible without your help. If you are interested in donating to a scholarship fund, you can:
- donate to our Department of Telecommunication, Information Studies and Media Fund and let us know you would like your gift to go towards student scholarships and we will allocate your donation to the area of greatest need
- view our current scholarship funds for incoming freshman, undergraduate students, and graduate students and choose which you would like to contribute to
- establish a new scholarship program
Show Appreciation or Celebrate in Memory
In addition to helping provide opportunities for our students, we have several scholarship funds that either show appreciation for TISM faculty or alumni, or celebrate in the memory of loved ones. Each fund has slightly different criteria for student eligibility.
The following scholarship programs are in appreciation of our faculty members:
- Thomas A. Muth, Sr. Endowed Fund in Telecommunication, Information Studies and Media
- Gary Reid Professional Development Fund
- Thomas F. Baldwin Endowed Fellowship
- Robert W. Schlater Graduate Scholarship
The following scholarship programs celebrate the memory of loved ones:
- Kevin R Markwardt Award
- Michael A Chaprnka Endowed Scholarship Award
- Ira and Jennie Greene Endowed Scholarship
- Nancy Seidman Dempsey Memorial Scholarship
The following scholarship programs honor outstanding alumni:
- Gene F. Jankowski Scholarships in Telecommunication
- Robert J. & Joanne P. Kobel and Susan Meurer Expendable Scholarship
Help a Special Area
The Maxine and John (Jake) Ferris Global Award in Technologies & Applications Fund provides scholarships for students in our ICT for Development Specialization participate in a study abroad experience.
The MSU Telecasters Fund provides scholarships to students in Telecasters.
Gifts to our Department of Telecommunication, Information Studies and Media Fund can be made online through the MSU Development Office Website.
If you have questions about making a gift, please contact the College of Communication Director of Development, Cara Boeff:
Director of Development
College of Communication Arts & Sciences
291 Communication Arts Building
East Lansing, MI 48824
Phone: (517) 432-5672